Welcome to Project 1- MINI CANVASES
THE HAPPENSTANCE COLLECTION - A PROJECT SERIES
I love these minis. These were created using tiny two inch canvases. I like to make these and turn then them into magnets. They are an artsy and colorful way to brighten up any magnetic surface! I chose a few of my favorite new masks and some go-to supplies. These masks are so awesome and detailed. Because of this I have found that using a makeup sponge is a great way to apply paint through these. This technique ensures that I will push paint through each little part of the mask.
SIMPLE STEPS TO RE-CREATE THESE MINI CANVASES
1. Add a layer of paint to your canvas. Let dry.
2. Use a makeup sponge to tamp down paint through WISE BUD™ and DOODLED PLAYFUL BLOOM™ masks. Let dry.
3. Adhere book paper words.
4. Use a palette knife to add swipes of colorful paint.
5. Use a makeup sponge to tamp down a contrasting paint color through FRAZZLED & RUFFLED FEATHER™ stencil.
6. Use a paint pen to make contrasting detail marks.
7. Use a white pen or china marker to ring your detail marks.
8. Use oil pastels to add stripes to sides of canvas. Blend with your finger.
9. Add final detail marks by applying white paint with a makeup sponge through the REPETITION™ stencil.
10. Let dry completely and spray with acrylic sealer.
OPTIONAL: ADHERE MAGNET TO BACKSIDE OF CANVAS
I will be sharing more details on these projects over the next few weeks, so be sure to stop by often. Visit StencilGirl™ to see all the new designs in both collections.