1. Weaving a little bit here and there. This is a treasured hobby right now. I say that because my last hobby, making art, turned into so much more that I can not even come close to calling it a hobby most days. I miss that. I love making art, don't get me wrong, but there is a tiny and subtle shift when you go from making art for yourself to making art for others. And so I weave. I covet the little bit of time that I set aside each evening to work on this. Sometimes it is just a few rows, others it is the soothing task of sorting yarn, and still others it is my long time love of dyeing the fibers. So as along as it pertains to weaving I am calling it special. I am calling it a hobby.
2. Wondering how this guy sets his phone up to get me all the time? He is a great photographer, my son. He can do things with his phone camera that are pretty amazing, but I think it is hilarious that he always getting these random photos of me. I think it is because he knows I have a huge fear?, dislike of getting my photo taken. For one thing, I feel like I have to take 2500 taken of me to get one good one. And so he has this knack of getting me when I least expect it and you know what? They are candid and so UNposed. I love that look in a photo anyway...and while I don't like to have MY photo taken I DO love taking photos and have the best collections of my kids and life through the lens.
3. Getting ready to do some more dyeing! Yum! I can't wait to see what this batch looks like. I will keep you posted.
4. Oh. My. Goodness. Sweet. Messes. Enough said.
5. Anyone else out there like to organize their paints? Over and over and over again? Okay good. I thought I was the only one.
6. Getting ready to film some 15 Minutes of Mixed Media©. Did you know that there is a link on the blog where you can catch all the old ones that you missed? Check that out here! And, after several requests, I am adding them weekly to Vimeo and You Tube too. Have fun creating!
7. Continuing to challenge myself to use colors that I normally steer away from. Like black or gray. I just don't use them. I add marks with my black paint pen and doodle and journal with a black pen 99% of the time, but I rarely reach for that contrast paint. It is difficult to get used to this. Plus, let's be honest, I have ZERO art training. I can read a color wheel and that is as far as my training goes, unless subbing for the art teacher at the elementary school counts. I didn't think so. So I keep trying and I hope that one day it will come more naturally, flow more beautifully, be easier.
8. Excited that I was able to write another guest post on THE STENCIL GIRL last week. They have such an incredible line of stencils over there and it is never hard for me to find a few I love and create some pretty projects using them. If you missed the guest post, hop over now and check it out. These gals are great! If you missed mine you can read that one here.
9. Putting some art stuff in a bag and heading to carline. I know, I know. It is a lot to drag along for an hours worth of free time, but hey. I will take it while I can get it. Look for more of these big art bags to be in the etsy shop soon. They are almost 14" square and double as a cool artsy pillow cover! Looking for something with handles? Check these out!
10. Feeling blessed to have so much time with this little peanut. She is growing so quickly and is putting up with some yucky stuff like a trooper. Babies are truly amazing. No matter what kind of unpleasant stuff they are put through they always manange to find their smile again. This little one is cooing away at me as I type and it is melting my heart. Sigh. And so I gush.