1. Amazed at how these kids just jump right into a new school year. On her way to her first day of 8th grade she is reading her 15th book of the Summer. Always so engrossed and thoughtful. She is my baby and seeing her so grown up and interested tugs at my heart more than a little bit. She was bound and determined to start the year with all the suggested reading under her belt. Yea for kids who love to read.
2. Deciding to do some things I love, and not just the things I have to do. You think this would be a given, but it is really easy to slowly, and with little thought, push the things that make us happy aside for the things that we THINK will make us happy. I have learned lately, that a gentle and regular reminder is necessary.. And so I do. I remind myself to choose joy. And I remind myself that if I lose something that I THOUGHT would make me happy along the way, then that is okay too.
3. Playing with watercolors. I had fun using the deep and beautiful Peerless colors alongside of my small, but trusty Windsor Newton palette on this piece. It is amazing how many colors (although they are paler than what I would love to see) you can create with so few basic colors in the Windsor Newton set. It has taught me to work with more shades of yellow and blue and grey and I am liking it.
4. Wondering for the millionth time how time can move so quickly. This newest addition to our family is already 2 months old. Cooing and smiling, she has the ability to melt our collective hearts and does so every single day. This one little human has transformed my daughters entire life overnight, and ours as well. We continue to be blessed with additions to our family that bring us nothing but pure joy and love.
5. Mixing it up on my latest canvas. I am enjoying pairing paint and marker and pen all on one surface, only to return a few days later to add another layer of something new and different. Can't wait to see where these go.
6. Doing a little sketching. It continues to be a challenge, but I am not giving up. I find that the more often I dedicate to practice, obviously, the easier it gets, but because it is a difficult craft for me, it is tough to get motivated. I am working on it though.
7. Loving my planner and thinking it is definitely going to explode soon. This time for real. I must research how to rebind her, and soon!
8. Realizing this is a great workout. I had the chance to do some more paddle boarding and had a great time while on vacation. I look forward to doing a lot more of it in the future. I am excited about the challenge of working the board on our coast, as the waves are sure going to be bigger.
9. Finding I need a larger paint palette these days. I have never, in all these years of making art, wanted or needed something bigger than the ten well one I use everyday. I think it is time to upgrade. I find I am spending a great deal of time switching out colors! So, um, yep, it's time.
10. Doing a lot of "on the floor" painting these days. I am in the middle of getting large amounts of fabric painted for a new series of upcoming bags that I can't wait to share with you all!