1. Documenting with determination. 2014 has been a long and busy year but I have managed to stay true to my goal of creating a weekly challenge and detailing my week, even if it means just writing a few words. I am happy I have stayed the course. Even this little bit of memory keeping will be looked back upon with a smile. Join me next year as we take The Documented Life Project 2015 to a whole new level!
2. Enjoying the cooler weather. Where I live it is just so dang hot all the time that even the little ones don't want to be out and about in it for too long. The weather lately has been cool and breezy and just downright lovely. Soaking every little bit up that we can!
3. Working on some new classes. I can't wait to share some pretty cool ones coming up after the first of the year! Stay tuned!
4. Being brave and putting my own art on display. Does it count even if it is only in your own studio? Baby steps.
5. Finding myself here more than I would like lately. I really don't love the computer work that maintaining a blog and website and shop and blah blah blah entails. I know it is necessary and of course I give it due diligence, but it takes so. much. time. I just want to make art.
6. Flipping through old art journals for inspiration. I used to think, back when I created these first mixed media pages, that I would never in a million years want to look at them again, much less refer back to them for inspiration. Goes to show you that we always have a little bit of what we are going to be as an artist tucked away inside of us, even from the very beginning.
7. Updating my new 2015 Agenda. I love to be organized. What scares me is that I have several things on the calendar all the way through JUNE of next year already. How is that even possible. It is bittersweet that we run on fast forward all the time these days. I know much of it is school and kid and work related, but does that really make it any better? I sigh at the thought of days gone by when they truly LIVED each day before planning for the next.
8. Taking tons of photos. iPhones have taken over the world with their awesome technology and so I was sucked in along with the rest of the world. I have learned lately that I miss my big camera. I am setting aside the inconvenience of a cumbersome load and am taking it with me more and more these days. I don't regret it. The photos are unbeatable and more importantly- I love it. I have always loved taking photos and find myself sliding right back into the habit with ease.
9. Taking in the lights. Our church hosted a big fair this weekend to raise funds and it was a beautiful affair. No pun intended. There is nothing as sweet as a fair at night with your kids. I am pretty sure this is the truth of the world.
10. Introducing someone to sidewalk chalk. She loves it. I thought she might be more interested in eating it, but turns out it is not so tasty. She did however discover it wrote just as smoothly on her favorite moccasins. Sorry mom.