1. Playing around with inks in my art journal. I love Dylusions Inks. Lately their colors make me extra super happy! I am dripping, spattering, painting and inking everything in sight.
2. So happy that their are so many leaves to collect right now. A good strong wind howled through the last few days and shook some good stuff out of the trees and beds. I am having fun creating with these fall treasures.
3. Loving how handsome and funny this dude is! We had a blast doing a fun photo shoot with he and his best girl. They were such good sports and didn't whine one time about me taking 472 photos. They hammed it up at every turn and the result was some great recorded memories along with some deep belly laughs.
4. Loving this new mini brayer. It has come in so handy and I seem to grab it more often than my big one. I like how it gives me the ability to roll on paint in smaller areas of my Gelli Plate, making it easier to apply the paints exactly where you like them before printing.
5. Working on a face a day. It is hard for me. I struggle with it, but am learning some things along the way. Sharing these bits of #facepractice is the hardest part! Follow along on Instagram if you would like to see the progress.
6. Working on some projects in the studio. Some for fun, others to share. It is always fun to come up with new ideas and I can't wait to share some things with you soon.
7. Finishing up some paintings. These are what I call Practice Paintings. They don't go into the Etsy shop and they aren't commissioned pieces. They are just for me to learn and grow while working on canvas. I edit them from time to time and the layers keep building. Maybe some day they will be ready for someone special.
8. Sad this season is ending. I love my flip flops. All twenty five pair. (okay maybe not that many, but...) Pretty soon it will be too chilly for these favorite slip ons - and I will be donning boots and converse instead. With the coming of cooler weather though, comes falling leaves and breezy days. These things I welcome.
9. The Documented Life Project has been going strong for nine and a half months now and we are still gaining new members each day. I am so grateful for all of the wonderful art and camaraderie that has been shared through this project. Each week Art to the 5th works so hard to keep the project fresh and inviting and we have been working overtime to present a new and exciting 2015 project! Can't wait to share the details with you soon!
10. Remembering that something as simple as a dining room table can be a vehicle for great laughs, good cries, family disagreements and big news. Gathering together for a meal each night is so important to our family. It isn't always a three course meal, and sometimes it is less than leisurely, but it is always us- together. It is our meeting place, out safe haven, our chance to state our opinion, voice our concerns, beg for forgiveness. We need this. It keeps us bound to one another in a way no other activity can. Sometimes we dread being at that table, but most nights we look forward to it, welcome it. Most nights it is where we feel the closest, the safest, the happiest.